Each season Japanese film ranking website Filmarks holds a survey to find out what the most anticipated series of the season. This Spring is no different and the website just concluded their survey and released their results, some of which may take you by surprise. Without further ado, let’s take a look at what Filmark’s users most anticipated Spring 2021 anime titles are.
- My Hero Academia Season 5 – 2,750 Clip! (Planned Air Date 27 March)
- The Way of the Househusband – 818 Clip! (Planned Air Date 8 April]
- Tokyo Revengers – 710 Clip! (Planned Air Date 11 April)
- SHAMAN KING – 660 Clip! (Planned Air Date 1 April)
- Moriarty The Patriot 2nd Cour – 506 Clip! (Planned Air Date 4 April)
- Godzilla Singular Point – 414 Clip! (Planned Air Date 1 April)
- Kingdom Season 3 – 401 Clip! (Planned Air Date 4 April)
- Fruits Basket The Final – 398 Clip! (Planned Air Date 5 April)
- To your Eternity – 388 Clip! (Planned Air Date 12 April)
- Shadow House – 345 Clip! (Planned Air Date 10 April)
Now if you see, each title has something called a ‘clip’ next to it. A ‘clip’ is a vote and each user on Filmarks can only vote once. So, you can see that the fifth season of My Hero Academia is without a doubt the most anticipated series of Spring 2021.
Personally, I’m looking forward to seeing just how the anime version of The Way of the Househuband is. I loved the live-action version that was available on Hulu Japan, so I don’t think that it could deviate too far from that. I’ve only got a week to wait to find out!