This holiday season, FINAL FANTASY XIV Online players are invited to give the world of Hydaelyn the gift of music with the return of the Starlight Celebration. Starting today, the annual event will be available for players through Monday, December 31, with this year’s installment encouraging characters to raise their voices in a song, as a familiar choral performance is running into a few troubles when it comes to finding singers.
Rewards for participating in the event include:
- Choir Costume – A hat, robe, and shoes will all be awarded for completing the quest.
- Silver Starlight Sentinel – Decorate your home with this noble conifer.
- Starlight Donuts – Gain these festive tabletop treats, because nothing says celebration like a food coma.
- Evercold Starlight Snowman – Decorate your home with this frozen friend that won’t melt away.
- Opened Twinkleboxes – Collect the remains of many happy Starlight Celebration surprises.
- Starlight, Starbright Orchestrion Roll – To help Warriors of Light feel festive all year round!
Our excitement for FINAL FANTASY XIV Online doesn’t end with this celebration, as brand new details about the upcoming Patch 4.5: Requiem for Heroes will be revealed in the next installment of Letter from the Producer LIVE. The stream is set to take place on Friday, December 21, and viewers will get loads of new information as well as their first look at the trailer for the upcoming content. After just hitting the games fifth anniversary, and over 14 million players across the world, fans are eagerly awaiting the games next expansion titled Shadowbringers, which releases in Summer 2019 and it includes a new player race, multiple new jobs, an increased level cap up (finally!), new areas, adjustments to the battle system, as well as a variety of new battle, crafter and gatherer content that I’m personally looking forward to. This surely seems like a well-deserved expansion.
Dedicated players can look forward to learning loads of new information on Shadowbringers during the Paris Fan Festival event on February 2-3, 2019, as well as the Tokyo Fan Festival, scheduled for March 23-24, 2019.