OTAQUEST is expanding.
Are you a fan of Japanese pop culture and looking for an outlet to share your love of the topic to others? Then you’ve come to the right place. We’re looking for passionate fans of a variety of topics pertaining to the wide breadth of pop & subculture topics in Japan. Check out the current listing of open positions below to see if you might be a good fit.
Freelance SEO Copywriter (Worldwide)
We’re looking for SEO Copywriters to write creative, clear, and concise copy about topics such as anime, video games, Japanese fashion, Japanese food, and more. These articles aim to be informative and fun for target audiences to read and engage with.
The pay rate is 4000¥ per 750 words written, invoiced monthly.
Ideal candidates are skilled and imaginative writers with an eye for detail that can meet a minimum weekly article quota. Being a fan of Japanese pop-culture is a must! Submit up to 3 writing samples that give an idea of your best work. Feel free to include links to a portfolio or published content.
- Write clear, informative pieces with a personal tone
- Conduct high-quality research on a variety of topics
- Edit and proofread copy as needed
- Use SEO principles to maximize reach
- Source images and other media to embed in your articles
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Strong research skills
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Must be able to meet a minimum weekly article quota of 7 articles
- Must be able to report weekly to SEO content manager & project manager
- Experience with SEO
- Experience as a copywriter or related role
- Experience with online content strategy and creation
If you’re interested in joining our team of writers, send the following to [email protected]
- Three Japanese pop culture-related writing samples
- Your five favorite topics relating to Japanese pop/subculture
- A short explanation of why you’d like to join our team and any unique qualities you may be able to bring to the table
OTAQUEST is committed to building an inclusive team and people of color, women, people with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.