Pokémon GO developer Niantic has been on a roll, pouring support into the mobile title and showing absolutely no signs of slowing down. They have the Pokémon GO Tour: Kanto event coming up this weekend, and today they announced a public follow-up to the event. The Kanto Raid Day will include the legendary pocket monsters from the original Kanto titles: Zapdos, Articuno, and Moltres. Niantic stated that the legendary Pokémon will be showing up in raids more frequently, with the opportunity to even get a shiny version of each legendary Pokémon.
With the original legendary Pokémon showing up in raids more frequently, you’ll definitely have an opportunity to get them for your collection if you don’t already have them, and who doesn’t want shiny versions of each? There are a couple of over events happening in conjunction with the Kanto Raid Day:
- Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres will be appearing in five-star raids! If you’re lucky, you might even encounter a Shiny Articuno, Shiny Zapdos, or Shiny Moltres!
- We’re hearing reports that Giovanni will be returning with a different Shadow Legendary Pokémon in his clutches. Get ready to complete some new Team GO Rocket Special Research to save this Pokémon, Trainers!
- Pick up a free bundle of three Remote Raid Passes in the shop starting on Saturday, 27 February at 1:00 p.m. Pacific time to Monday, 1 March at 1:00 p.m. Pacific time.
- Earn up to five free Raid Passes by spinning Photo Discs at PokéStops or Gyms during event hours.
- During the event period, you can use a Charged TM to help a Shadow Pokémon forget the Charged Attack Frustration.
- Team GO Rocket Grunts will be appearing more frequently at PokéStops and in balloons throughout the event window.
The Pokémon GO Kanto Raid Day will be taking place on 28 February 2021 between the hours of 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. local time, in whichever time-zone you’re located in.