It really seems to me that ever since Niantic rolled out their ‘Go Beyond’ update for Pokémon GO, the support for the title has really stepped up tenfold. That could also just be me with a grass is greener mindset and nothing really has changed at all, but I’m seeing more of it because I’m paying attention to it. Either way, it’s good because today the developer made some announcements about the title for the end of March and for the April Community Day. Let’s take a look at what we have in the pipeline for the new updates coming to Pokémon GO.
For starters, starting on 27 March 2021 through 28 March 2021, Rayquaza will be coming back to raids for a limited time. This is particularly good news for me, because my son won’t stop begging me to trade him my Rayquaza. Now he can catch his own and I don’t have to hear it every day. If you happen to catch Rayquaza during this time, it will know the move Hurricane.
Next up is the April Community Day event, which will be held on 11 April 2021 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. local time and will feature Snivy as the featured Pokémon. As with every community day event, there are some extra things that come along with the event and Niantic has outlined those as follows:
- Snivy will be appearing more frequently in the wild. If you’re lucky, you may encounter a Shiny one!
- Evolve Servine (the Evolution of Snivy) during the event or up to two hours afterward to get a Serperior that knows the attack Frenzy Plant.
- Take a few snapshots during Community Day for a surprise!
- There’ll be a special onetime purchase Community Day Box available for 1,280 PokéCoins, featuring 50 Ultra Balls, four Star Pieces, four Mossy Lure Modules, and an Elite Charged TM.
- For US$1 (or the equivalent pricing tier in your local currency), you’ll be able to access the Snivy Community Day–exclusive Special Research story, Snivy in the Sunshine.
- Stay tuned for when tickets for the Snivy in the Sunshine Special Research story go live! Tickets are nonrefundable (subject to applicable law and the exceptions set forth in the Terms of Service). Please note that this Special Research will not include an in-game medal.
- 3× Catch Stardust
- Incense activated during the event will last for three hours
So there you have it, a couple of neat happenings are going to be hitting Pokémon GO over the next two weeks, so if you’re still playing the game heavily and have yet to get that Shiny Rayquaza or Snivy, now might be your chance.