Just a few months before Final Fantasy XIV Endwalker is set to take over people’s lives this November, SQUARE ENIX released this weekend the official benchmark for the upcoming expansion. On top of this, they also announced the content roadmap leading up to the release of Endwalker.
The benchmark is used for Windows players to make sure that their PC is powerful enough to play the game in its best capacity. Not to mention, we get to see a bunch of the new moves that will be part of the upcoming expansion.
Aside from the benchmark, SQUARE ENIX has also outlined the content roadmap for the game leading up to the release of Final Fantasy XIV Endwalker:
July – August
- Make it Rain Campaign – Beginning 19 July and running through 11 August, players can obtain the new ‘vexed’ emote by completing event quests while also earning bonus Manderville Gold Saucer Points (MGP) from Gold Saucer activities.
- Patch 5.58 – Releasing on 20 July, the update will mark the beginning of Season 20 of The Feast alongside other content adjustments.
- Moonfire Faire – This summer-themed seasonal event will return for a limited-time starting from 13 August.
- The Rising – Marking the 8th anniversary of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn’s release, The Rising is set to begin on 27 August.
September – October
- Final Fantasy XV Collaboration Event – Players can look forward to the return of the popular event that brings Final Fantasy XV hero Noctis Lucis Caelum to the world of Hydaelyn. From 13 September, players who have reached level 50 and completed the main scenario quest ‘The Ultimate Weapon’ can participate to earn numerous rewards, including Noctis’ hairstyle and outfit, the four-person Regalia mount, and more. Players who had previously completed this quest can once again experience this questline and adventure alongside Noctis.
- Moogle Treasure Trove Event – From 19 October and until the planned start of Endwalker early access on 19 November, players will have another chance to gather irregular tomestones to exchange for various rewards.
- Endwalker Early Access Launch – Endwalker early access beings on 19 November and allows players who have pre-ordered the game to begin their adventures ahead of the official release on 23 November 2021.
- Post-Launch Events – Additional seasonal events are scheduled to land in the months following the release of Endwalker, such as All Saints’ Wake beginning in late November, the Starlight Celebration in December, and Heavensturn to ring in the new year.
With Endwalker right around the corner, it’s great to see SQUARE ENIX letting players catch up with content that has already ended before the release of the new expansion on 23 November 2021.